Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My 1994 - 2002

For those who don't know, I have been a christian since my secondary school years. I was involved in Youth for Christ then taking part in the many activities and inviting reluctant friends to the events. I was also one of the student pillars in the organisation, where I am suppose to be like a role model for the rest to follow, something like that. But when I was in Sec 2, I fell in love with one of my schoolmates and that's when I stopped all chiristian activities.

Looking back at my life, I can clearly see the difference between the days when I am close to God and when I chose to lead my ways. Ever since I stopped turning to God, my life turned into a mess. That was from 1994 - 2002 (14-22 yrs old). Looking at me now, you wouldn't have believed how messed up I was. Many things which I have done in those years, I try to put them behind me and move on with life. Many which my family do not even know and I have no wish to list them out in my blog as well. But what I want to let you know is that Jesus Christ truly transformed my life.

I met my husband in 2002 and went back to church in 2003. I realised that in the days I am with God, no matter how difficult life is, things always turned out smoothly. In the past, no matter how busy I am with the christian activities, my results are good. Once I turned away from God, my results deteriorated until I even wanted to quit school. Also, after smoking for 7 years, I quitted in 2003. Though there are a few relaspses thereafter, I can now declare that I am a non-smoker! Many other things have changed for the better, like quitting gambling and many others. All these bad habits are inherited in my 8 years of messed up life.

I thank God for His grace. That after 8 years of wandering in the "wilderness", He still accepts me and pour out his love for me. Ever since I turned back to God, I have received so many gifts from Him. One of the most precious gifts is my husband, Thomas. (I will share about my gifts and testmonies after 2003 in another day.)

What I want to convey here is that no matter how messed up your life may be now, there is a God that we can depend on. The difficulties that you are facing now are FINISHED when Jesus died on the cross. Christianity is not a religion but a true God who cares for his people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet that Thomas is your most precious gift! Making me want to weep... I'm so happy I witnessed the 2 of you making the leap from friendship to a committed loving relationship. It's a shame I missed your wedding! And yes I didn't know you were a Christian! Not that it matters anyway. But I'm happy that you've found peace and joy in your life now. =)